[Paraview-developers] build errors

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Sun Apr 20 04:21:22 EDT 2014

Dear all,

I haven’t touched paraview since before christmas and did a clean checkout of kitware/master (Fri) branch and a clean cmake build into an empty build dir. Nothing compiles due the definition for

   extern VTK_DATA_ARRAY_TEMPLATE_INSTANTIATE(VTK_DATA_ARRAY_TEMPLATE_TYPE);

Error 1 error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int vtkCommonCore d:\code\paraview\vtk\common\core\vtkDataArrayTemplate.h 422

And about a million other similar errors. (using VS11 – MSVC 2012)

Before I spend time going through the code looking to see what’s wrong, is there a new cmake flag I need to set that I’ve missed?

Thanks

JB