[Paraview-developers] load pvsm file in LiveArticles

kyr akyrieleis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 05:16:21 EST 2013

Hi,

can I really open a state file (.pvsm) using the pv_web_file_loader ? In the
documentation it seems  the --file-to-load option allows to load only vtk
files.

I specify the pv_web_file_loader in the Jetty config file like:

# ==================================================
# Process command: pv_web_file_loader.py | file_loader
# ==================================================
pw.file_loader.cmd=./bin/pvpython
lib/paraview-4.0/site-packages/paraview/web/pv_web_file_loader.py --data-dir
../Data --file-to-load cyl.pvsm --port PORT --authKey SECRET
pw.file_loader.cmd.run.dir=/../Paraw/ParaView-4.0.1-Linux-64bit/
pw.file_loader.cmd.map=PORT:getPort|SECRET:secret

and start in paraview (in the embed file of the LiveArticles  app) as

 if (!pv.connection) {
                        $(this).addClass("session_started");
                        $(".clicktostart").html("Loading ...");

                        var serviceURL = location.protocol + "//" +
location.hostname +
                            ":" + location.port + "/paraview";
                        var config = {
                            sessionManagerURL: serviceURL,
                            name: "Live Articles",
ParaView/Web",
                            application: "file_loader"
                        };

                        // Start a new ParaView/Web instance.
                        vtkWeb.start(config,
                        function (conn) {
                            setupConnection(conn);
                        },
                        function (err) {
                            //console.log("Connection failed.");

                            var conn = {
                                sessionURL: "ws://" + location.hostname +
":" + location.port + "/ws"
                            };
                            setupConnection(conn);
                        }
                    );

then I get the following runtime error

 File "lib/paraview-4.0/site-packages/paraview/web/pv_web_file_loader.py",
line 97, in initialize
	    _FileOpener.reader = simple.OpenDataFile(_FileOpener.fileToLoad)
	  File
"/home/.../ParaView-4.0.1-Linux-64bit/lib/paraview-4.0/site-packages/paraview/simple.py",
line 600, in OpenDataFile
	    raise RuntimeError, msg
	exceptions.RuntimeError: File not readable: cyl.pvsm

I have created the pvsm file by building a cylinder source in Paraview and
then saving the state. Does this mean I cannot open a state file ? Do I miss
something ?

Many thanks
k.