[Paraview-developers] [EXTERNAL] [Paraview] color scale editor bugs, and missing luts

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Wed May 29 14:49:58 EDT 2013

We did have a conversation* about this list of LUTs that I shared** a
while back and I had the impression that at least some were integrated
with perhaps with the names changed along with a bunch of other LUTs.
Now that you mention it I'm not so sure if that is what really happened.
I had these LUTs loaded for a while and they may have been carried along
from version to version. my apologies if I was wrong about that.

*
http://paraview.markmail.org/search/?q=LUT#query:LUT%20order%3Adate-backward+page:2+mid:oa5koroazcdf7nq5+state:results
** http://paraview.org/Wiki/Colormaps

I totally agree with you that presenting LUTs in a non-overwhelming way
is a good thing. advanced button sounds like a great idea and keeping
with the new GUI design.

Since there are a few IMHO useful LUT's that are kicking around and not
yet included in PV would anyone object if I added some of the LUT's that
didn't make it in?

IMHO excluding potentially useful LUTs is a worse evil than having a
long list of them because you're results(image quality, image
aesthetics, and more importantly what science you can glean from the
data) are limited to what LUTs you have access to.

Burlen