[Paraview-developers] Reader plugin with multiple outputs

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Jun 3 10:46:52 EDT 2013

> 2) Usually I need 2 Outputs of this plugin, but sometimes I only need one
> (and sometimes three). Is there a way to set the number of output ports
> dynamically, i.e. controlled by the settings on the properties panel?

What does "need" mean? You don't want to show it in the Pipeline
browser at all? Maybe you just want to create two separate filters?
There's no way for changing the output-ports for a fitler dynamically.

> 3) After reading, all outputs are visible, and the first one (Output-0) is
> selected. Can I make it the default that a) only one of them is visible, and
> that b) the last and not the first one is selected?

This isn't supported currently. Please add a feature request to the
bug-tracker and we can see if that could be supported in the future
releases.