[Paraview-developers] Reader plugin with multiple outputs

Michael Schlottke m.schlottke at aia.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Jun 2 13:35:41 EDT 2013

Hi,

I used the VTK example (http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Developers/vtkAlgorithm_Source_Multiple_Output_Ports) as a guideline to create a reader plugin with multiple output ports (basically, I am creating to unstructured grids - one with the actual visualization cells, and one with some higher-level computational elements). This works well so far, however, I have a couple of questions:

1) At the moment the outputs are named output-0, output-1, output-2 etc. Is there a way to rename them?
2) Usually I need 2 Outputs of this plugin, but sometimes I only need one (and sometimes three). Is there a way to set the number of output ports dynamically, i.e. controlled by the settings on the properties panel?
3) After reading, all outputs are visible, and the first one (Output-0) is selected. Can I make it the default that a) only one of them is visible, and that b) the last and not the first one is selected?

Regards,

Michael

--
Michael Schlottke

SimLab Highly Scalable Fluids & Solids Engineering
Jülich Aachen Research Alliance (JARA-HPC)
RWTH Aachen University
Wüllnerstraße 5a
52062 Aachen
Germany