[Paraview-developers] Color Scale Editor Design

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Jul 11 06:23:27 EDT 2013

One of the features I have an intern working on - and I need, is the ability to use Gradient Opacity for volume rendering. I had a plugin which enabled this, using a 2D transfer function editor (stolen from visit again, like the point sprite stuff, but I ended up having to rewrite most of it)

Could you please make it easy for me to hook this kind of feature into the standard colour editor? rather than having to redo it all in the plugin.

None of it compiles at all right now as it was last used in 2010 and the server manager and everything has been completely changed. I asked about this on the list a week or so ago, but now I see from looking at the code that the vol-render plugin I made is obsolete as the one in paraview does camera aligned slices etc, All I need to do is expose the gradient opacity features and hook my editor into them. (It does histograms and stuff too inside the editor, but probably there's a vtk2DTransferFunction Widget somewhere we could use instead).

Etc etc, just thinking out loud.

JB