[Paraview-developers] Paraview 3.98 Heatracking problem

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Fri Jan 11 13:27:31 EST 2013

> Hi Aashish,
>
> I'm using ParaView3.98 RC1 and the in the vrpn server i converted the
> units in meters as for the vrpn standard, so i guess they should somehow be
> the right ones.
> Tomorrow from the office I can send you the PVX and the state files, now I
> don't have them available.

Would it be possible to use / build the ParaView from the master branch. We
have couple of nice features there and made some improvements in the code.

> My feeling while testing on the test-system is that the headtracking lets
> me change the position of the head a bit around the object, but that I
> don't achieve a full movement. So for example, if i stand in front of the
> receiver and then i move on top of it (towards -Z), i don't see the object
> from above (or in the table-screen as i would expect), but i see a
> upper-front perspective only, like if the transform matrix of the view cone
> was changed, but somehow not the position of the user.

If you move your head on the top of object you should see the top view of
the object. Now if your object is in the front of the projected plane, then
you should be able to move even inside it. If it is on the back of the
projected plane, then it won't.

> It might be just a wrong feeling given by the small system or maybe the
> positioning of the object, but at least this far it doesn't give at all the
> proper immersive feeling.

It depends on the size of the object and its location. Only after looking
at your state file and PVX file I can give a precise answer.

> As a side question still related to my system, i noticed the anaglyph
> stereo goes completely wrong in the screens, while it is correct (and
> completely different) in the control display, any suggestion on that? (soon
> i'll have to switch to paired projectors and passive stereo, so i would
> like to avoid the same problem there).

Hmm..I am aware of this bug.

> Btw, tomorrow I'll send you the files and a sample of the data I get from
> the tracker.
> Thanks again for your time!

Sure that would be awesome.