[Paraview-developers] Missing vtkTemporalDataSet class in ParaView 3.98.0

Sunrise helios.corona at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:02:49 EST 2013

Thanks for the quick reply, Leo.

I prefer to have a class that acts like a container of data frames. I
already use the keys that you have mentioned for looping over pipeline,
in order to do operations "on temporal data set". I mean, the
TemporalDataSets are sending back and forth over pipeline. Having a
class (like vtktemporalDataSet) that acts like "container" of data would
be much easier to avoid nested loops in my case.

Do you have any suggestion for a data container class such as
alternative to vtkTemporalDataSet class? Is deriving from
vtkMultiTimeStepAlgorithm suitable to create such container class?

Next, I see vtkTemporalDataSet is still in vtk. Does it mean vtk (well
not ParaView) continue to support it?

Again, Thanks.