[Paraview-developers] connecting to pqPropertiesPanel signals

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Sep 13 08:26:11 EDT 2012

Burlen,

We have gone back and forth on this -- exposing apply centrally ---
but there hasn't been a strong use-case yet. Even in examples you
mention, I believe you could write a more robust piece of code by
relying on dataUpdated(), proxyAdded(), proxyRemoved() signals fired
by pqPipelineSource, pqServerManagerModel (from memory here, so the
names maybe incorrect). The advantage with doing that is that the
panel would be updated even when these actions happen from Python
shell or undo/redo, for example, and not directly by clicking on the
panel.

Utkarsh