[Paraview-developers] connecting to pqPropertiesPanel signals

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 10:58:40 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'd like to add an (optional) auto update feature to the memory
inspector panel that pulls updated stats from the server after each
apply or delete. I've experimented a little with tying into the the new
properties panel's signals and had a couple of issues,

1) The apply/delete signals aren't exposed app wide. I mean that it's
difficult to get the instance of the panel, it doesn't necessarily even
exist when the memory inspector is constructed. I didn't find other
classes that provided a connection point to these signals.
2) The applied() signal coming out of the properties panel seems to fire
before the server side update so the memory inspector refresh doesn't
pull down the latest details. I think I need a postApplied signal that
fires only after the server side update completes.
3) There are no signals fired for a delete event, and I would need a
postDelete signal that fires after the server side finishes.

issue 1) suggests that it was never intended to directly connect to the
new the new props panel's signals :-). I did happen upon the
pqApplyPropertiesManager class which looks like it would help but it
isn't wired up to the new props panel. Are there any plans for new props
panel to expose these signals to the rest of the app? What's the best
approach for what I want to do, am I missing an existing solution?

Thanks
Burlen