[Paraview-developers] paraview crash when connected to VPN

Pandu tech pandu4tech at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 06:13:09 EST 2012

Hi,

I am using ParaView 3.14.1-enhanced 64 bit version in my laptop. When I
connect to VPN using Juniper Network Client and running paraview gives me a
crash. It gives a SEGMENTATION FAULT in
ParaView/VTK/Utilities/KWSys/vtksys/SystemInformation.cxx file in below
section of code.

Code:

#elif defined(KWSYS_SYS_HAS_IFADDRS_H)

for (ifa=ifas; ifa!=NULL; ifa=ifa->ifa_next) // line no: 1306
   {

    int fam=ifa->ifa_addr->sa_family;

    if ((fam==AF_INET) || (fam==AF_INET6)) // crashing after this line
after 2 or more iterations in for loop

      {

      char host[NI_MAXHOST]={'\0'};

      int addrlen
        = (fam==AF_INET?sizeof(struct sockaddr_in):sizeof(struct
sockaddr_in6));

When I disconnect from VPN and run ParaView once again, there is no problem
and it is running fine.

Please let me know any suggestions regarding this.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Pandu.