[Paraview-developers] stage/gerrit/confusion

Kyle Lutz kyle.lutz at kitware.com
Fri Nov 9 16:46:02 EST 2012

Hi John,

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Biddiscombe, John A. <biddisco at cscs.ch> wrote:
> Apologies, I’ve read through all the stuff about paraview/develop and how to
> push branches to stage etc, but nowhere is gerrit mentioned, and when I look
> on gerrit, the branches there are all completely different from the stage
> branches.

Currently, gerrit for ParaView is just a place to solicit feedback on
changes from other developers. The development work-flow is still
exactly the same as described on the wiki (i.e. the normal "git
stage-push" and "git stage-merge" commands).

> If we’re supposed to use this gerrit thing, then why is there no mention of
> it anywhere in the paraview wiki? Where can I find instructions on how to
> see my branches in gerrit? (Seems like there are two systems and they’re
> unrelated).

Your branches will only show up in gerrit if you explicitly pushed
them there with "git gerrit-push". As far as submitting your changes
to gerrit you can use the same instructions that are shown on the VTK
development page (http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Git/Develop).

Cheers,
Kyle