[Paraview-developers] Headtracking and camera settings

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Tue May 15 12:19:06 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 3:29 AM, Jean-Noël Chiganne
<jean-noel.chiganne at limsi.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried using Head Traking (VRPlugin vtkVRStyleTracking) in a CAVE with MPI
> and the pvx file for the screens (stereo mode crystal eyes).
> Two nodes as server and a PC as client. What surprised me is that I have a
> 3D window on the client where I can control a camera, and it has an impact
> on the scene displaying on the CAVE !
> I thought Headtracking was disabling other camera interactionw, because it
> seems to cause some conflicts in adaptative and stereo vision.

We don't disable it but you are right that it does conflict and hence
its use is not recommended.

I had to
> "fight" with camera settings in Paraview menu to have something good, and
> the vertical rotation of the head was not properly processed.

What is your coordinate system like as far as your tracking system is
concerned? If it does not match what ParView expects then you will
face these issues.

> Is there some tricks to know to have a full working head tracking ? What
> does the "HeadPose" property of the RenderWindow exactly modified ?

This is proxy related code. For a general overview have a look at this
article: http://www.kitware.com/source/home/post/66