[Paraview-developers] Trouble with 'Session'

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Mar 22 08:49:22 EDT 2012

Sebastien

the server session is a vtkPVSessionServer class not a SM one.
<

Oops. Yes, I experimented with many options and pasted a bad one into the email.

Moreover, why do you need the ProxyDefinition manager on the server side ?
<

Because the server processes register a new class which needs to be created on the server side. If we register it on the client side only, then when we try to instantiate it on the servers, it doesn't exist (or that's the way it used to not work).

JB