[Paraview-developers] [paraview-developers] Do I have to build ParaView Development from the source code if I want to add my new plug-in?

Mingcheng Chen linyufly at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 23:05:42 EST 2012

Hi all,

The latest release version of ParaView Development is 3.8. Compiling my
plug-in with it always returns: error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 1.

However, I can successfully compile my plug-in with ParaView Development
3.12 which was built by myself from the source code. (I once asked about an
MPI related problem when building ParaView from source code. I did not
solve the problem, so I just disabled USE_MPI.)

Now I had a more challenging task: install a parallel ParaView on a remote
multi-core machine which has no GPU and which should be able to be added my
new plug-ins to.

The remote multi-core machine has Visual Studio 2010 and a 64-bit Windows
operating system.

As far as I know, for the absence of GPU, I need to install Mesa3D, right?
For MPI, is MPICH2 enough? For Qt library, is any version for VS2010
acceptable?

Is there any cutoff for me?

I am looking forward to helping hand badly...

Thanks for finishing reading!

Best regards,
Mingcheng Chen
January 25th, 2012