[Paraview-developers] Retrieve VTK data from pqPipelineSource

Joe Ping-Lin Hsiao phsiao at cs.unc.edu
Sun Jan 1 17:20:04 EST 2012

Hi,

Is there any way to retrieve VTK data pointers (e.g. vtkImageData)
from pqPipelineSource?
The thing that I am planing to do is keeping all the pointers of the
loaded image stacks, so later I'll be able to color one data with
another data set's scalar array. Which color array to use will be
determined by user through a QComboBox.

Right now I have a slot function receiving the signal
"pqApplicationCore::instance()->getObjectBuilder()->sourceCreated(pqPipelineSource*)"
whenever a source is created, but I couldn't find a way to get the
vtkImageData from pqPipelineSource.

The closest post I found is a 2008 thread where
vtkSMClientDeliveryRepresentationProxy was suggested:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/paraview/2008-February/007057.html
But seems like there's no examples of
vtkSMClientDeliveryRepresentationProxy in ParaView 3.12.0.
Any suggestion?