[Paraview-developers] BUG?: Where can I get "mpirun" other than the folder of a released ParaView?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Feb 2 09:57:51 EST 2012

> But it is actually not working for me – the servers are started correctly, but the connection is never made in reverse connection mode, the trouble is that the client sits waiting, and only when you cancel the client connect and shut the client down the server produces N(=4 here) dialogs of the kind

Your pvserver command line doesn't not have the "-rc" flag. The server
is not starting in reverse-connection mode. That could explain the
issue. I verified it works on linux.

> If you omit the –use-offscreen-rendering, the dialogs do not appear, but the server connection is not made and there’s just a hang. The same code is working fine on linux machines. The problem of the annoying pop-up dialogs is a long term one (ie it has been doing that for months but I never bothered to fix it), the non-connection is new.

the stereo capable related errors are no longer there on master, as
far as I can tell. If someone can verify that'd be great.