[Paraview-developers] c++ plugin; viewing parameters and output names

Phil Amburn phil.amburn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:17:11 EDT 2012

I hope this hasn't been submitted twice, but I sent email on Saturday and
haven't seen it in my mail, so I'm trying again.

I'm working on a c++ plugin that is a filter that reads a vtkStructuredGrid
and generates 3 polygonal outputs.  The environment I'm using is ParaView
3.10.1, MS Windows 7, and MS Visual Studio 2008.

One of the outputs is a 3D contour surface of one of four scalars in the
vtkStructuredGrid input, and I'd like to be able to modify the "Color by"
setting in the Display panel from "Solid Color" to color by one of the other
scalars in the input.  Easy to do through the GUI, but I'd like to do this
from within the plugin.

Is it possible to modify the "Color by" setting from within the plugin?
Can I get a list of the groups being maintained by the server manager?  I
expect (hope) I'm interested in the groups and properties associated with
the display panel, and hope to be able to set them from within the plugin.

I have another question.  When this filter generates its three outputs, they
are named output-0, output-1, and output-2 in the Pipeline Browser.  Can I
change those names to something more informative from within the plugin,
such as "constant pressure surface"?

I've attached the xml and cmake files I'm using along with C++ code.

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil