[Paraview-developers] Writing a plugin : questions

Jean-Noël Chiganne jean-noel.chiganne at limsi.fr
Tue Apr 24 09:13:07 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to develop a plugin in Paraview and I have some questions.
I found a wiki page "PlugIn How To" speaking a little about plugin
implementation but it's still confuse to me.

Is there a page explaining all the XML syntax of the ServerManager and
ClientManager files ? For instance I tried to compile and use the plugin
"MyView" as shown on the wiki page, but I've got an error message when
type...". As I don't know the XML syntax it's hard to find where the
mistake could be.

I have an other question. My goal is to develop a plugin which would make
paraview reactive to OSC messages (or VRPN messages, I've seen there is a
VR plugin but it's another problem ^^) but I don't know if it's possible ?
Actually I don't understand where is the entry point for paraview in the
C++ source code of a plugin, and how I can get back Paraview objects
instances (as the render windows to get the camera and control it with OSC
messages etc). To sum up, I think the final goal is to replace
WindowInteractor by an Interactor reacting to OSC events instead of
keyboard/mouse events.

I hope my message is understandable ^^

Thank you for reading  :)

Jean-Noël Chiganne