[Paraview-developers] ParaView-3.10.1 plug-ins not loaded automatically on Mac OS OX 10.6.8

nikos yiotis nikos.yiotis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 16:01:55 EDT 2011

I build Paraview ParaView-3.10.1 on Mac OS OX (10.6.8 Snow Leopard *not*
Lion | gcc version 4.2.1 | CMake 2.8-2 | Qt 4.7 | x86_64 is on) using:

1. linux makefile

I export PATH for the build and likewise for the built-in plugins
*export PV_PLUGIN_PATH=/Users/.../ParaView-3.10.1_Build_linux/bin
*
*
*
*Local plug-ins are automatically searched in
Users/yo/.config/ParaView/ParaView/Plugins*
However i only have *Users/yo/.config/ParaView/*ParaView3.10.1.ini

Any ideas what am i doing wrong?
In my build dir the standard libraries are there, for instance
libNIfTIReader.dylib, libAnalyzeReader.dylib, libMoments.dylib together with
apps like SurfaceLICDemo, etc.

2. Xcode 4.0

tricky business i guess because of Xcode 4.0 + llvm + other apple related
choices. cannot always build the necessary plug-ins.
Once i got compiler complaining about a VTK dylib missing, no matter if in
CMake GUI i turn VTK_EXTRA_COMPILER_WARNINGS on.
most of the times there is no  ParaView app. this
guy<http://www.rasmsys.com/page6/page13/page13.html> also
confirms the fine mess

Anyone succeeded in building PV for Snow Leopard + Xcode 4.0?

Finally, I tried the git trunk without any luck. thanks for any hints