[Paraview-developers] small complaint

David Partyka david.partyka at kitware.com
Fri Mar 11 15:23:18 EST 2011

Yes it is. There is this very special file in VTK called
vtkIncludeDirectories where alot of the include magic happens. If anything
gets turned on or off, every targets include line gets changed causing full
recompiles. I have gone in there and removed a few things that I commonly
turn on or off such as MPI or Boost but that whole file could use some
attention. Also, if CMake supported target level include directories instead
of CMakeFile level include directories then things would recompile much less
often.

Maybe it will get it some attention with the VTK modularization.