[Paraview-developers] small complaint

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Mar 11 15:09:02 EST 2011

I did a rebuild of paraview using my new Qt option and left it running all day whilst I was out. No problem.

When I tried to build my plugins this evening, I realized I had not turned on hdf5_hl which I need to link against.

No problem. I reran cmake, enabled it and made the project again.

168 targets were recompiled in my paraview compilation - and this is because I enabled hdf5_hf, which as far as I'm aware is not used by any projects - and I really mean none (Possibly some new reader has it, but maybe only one or two)

Projects like vtksys, zlib, jpeg and everything else get rebuilt - I find this very surprising.

========== Build: 168 succeeded, 0 failed, 27 up-to-date, 9 skipped ==========

I would really like this kind of thing to not happen. Is it caused by the careless use of paraview_include_directories - or something of this kind?

JB