[Paraview-developers] Handling scalars differently

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Feb 21 13:49:38 EST 2011

John,

> I'd also like to change the way the display panel decorator works so that some of the default items are not present - is that doable without major surgery?

If you want to hide a whole lot of items from the panel, won't a new
custom display panel be a better approach? Plugins in general are not
meant to "remove" anything, they only "add" stuff. Sounds like you
want to change the display panel decorator to start removing things
from the panel. What would happen is someone loaded another plugin
that also uses a display panel decorator to add more things to the
panel and relies on one of the widgets you  just removed? You can not
longer guarantee that both will work together.

> Does anyone else have plans to do any refactoring of the display/lut/panel items. I'd be delighted to let someone else do it :)

Not really :). Take a look at pqLookupTableManager. I wonder if that
helps you at all.