[Paraview-developers] Handling scalars differently

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Feb 21 08:47:31 EST 2011

I have a new mapper that uses multiple lookuptables - one per particle type darkMatter/Gas/etc.

I'll need to create a new panel to work with this inside paraview, but because it handles scalars a little differently, I might want to change the way the main GUI displays a colour bar etc for the current actor.

To modify the default behaviour might be quite a lot of work - the LUT stuff is fairly deeply impregnated in some of the pv-Internals.

I'd also like to change the way the display panel decorator works so that some of the default items are not present - is that doable without major surgery?

Does anyone else have plans to do any refactoring of the display/lut/panel items. I'd be delighted to let someone else do it :)

thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch