[Paraview-developers] Updating view properties

David Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Thu Feb 10 13:06:07 EST 2011

Hi Utkarsh,

> There are multiple ways:
> * One way would be listen to the change event in the
> vtkSMContextViewProxy (or subclass) which should then call a method on
> your vtkPVContextView subclass on all processess using SendStream().
> Then in that method you can use BROADCAST to send the message.

I'm not sure exactly which "change event" you mean I should listen to.
The EndEvent signalling the end of a render? The Modified event
signaling a change in the vtkPVContextView subclass on the client? Or
(certainly not) the StateChangedEvent used by Undo/Redo?

> * Another way is since EndEvent is only fired on client, you can use
> vtkPVSynchronizedWindows::TriggerRMI to trigger an RMI on all the
> other processes and then in the callback do the broadcast (look at
> vtkSpreadSheetView::FetchBlockCallback, it is does something similar,
> the FetchBlock method is called only on the client, but it ensures
> that all processes get invovled).

Thanks a lot! And sorry to keep pestering you with the same question
over and over, but what can I say? I'm slow.

	David