[Paraview-developers] Updating view properties

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Feb 10 11:47:57 EST 2011

There are multiple ways:

* One way would be listen to the change event in the
vtkSMContextViewProxy (or subclass) which should then call a method on
your vtkPVContextView subclass on all processess using SendStream().
Then in that method you can use BROADCAST to send the message.
* Another way is since EndEvent is only fired on client, you can use
vtkPVSynchronizedWindows::TriggerRMI to trigger an RMI on all the
other processes and then in the callback do the broadcast (look at
vtkSpreadSheetView::FetchBlockCallback, it is does something similar,
the FetchBlock method is called only on the client, but it ensures
that all processes get invovled).

Utkarsh