[Paraview-developers] slowness getting even slower

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Apr 19 06:07:56 EDT 2011

I did a git update this morning to get the new processmodule changes (first time in a month or so).

When running paraview inside the visual studio debugger, it takes over a minute to launch. Plugins add ten seconds or more each.

Without the debugger attached, it loads in 3 seconds.

I notice also that all plugins are actually loaded twice. I'm trying to debug that now because I get two of every dock window/panel etc.

(I have previously recomiled using the various _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING settings, but they make no difference.)

I have no idea what's going on, but I welcome any suggestions.

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/