[Paraview-developers] A small suggestion - flag arrays as Scalars/Vectors/Normals

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 08:22:33 EDT 2010

> Actually, I think a box with a dot in the middle would be a better icon for
> cell data, and a box with dots on its corners would be for point data. But
> that's just me. (Or is it...?)

Sure, that would work. A legend somehow would be nice though. And the more
popup text the merrier (to a point!). The "hmm what is this?" action I think
of as hovering and waiting for popup text, which is what I would do if I
didn't see a legend.

Does Kitware have any human factors experts on staff? I know there are some
classes at RPI - you might consider asking faculty if they could have some
students analyze Paraview as a class project or something like that. I bet
they would identify even more things that could enhance the
"first-time-usability" that we don't even notice anymore since we use it so
much.

David D.