[Paraview-developers] Requiring Qt 4.6 for ParaView 3.8

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Feb 8 11:15:36 EST 2010

If this is the issue I'm thinking of, the Qt dmg installer creates a dummy
QtDBus.framework that CMake thinks is real.  So it tries to link it in because
of a phonon dependency.  (If QtDbus exists, phonon depends on it).

I ran into this issue building VTK with Qt 4.6 from the dmg installer.

My workaround was to rename the QtDbus.framwork directory, and start a clean
build (or edit the cmake files).

Should find_library() be returning "/some/path/foo.framework/foo" instead of
"/some/path/foo.framework" in which case this fake QtDbus.framework wouldn't
be an issue.

Clint