[Paraview-developers] Moving to hdf5-1.8.x

Dave Partyka dave.partyka at kitware.com
Thu Apr 15 07:21:59 EDT 2010

Just thinking out loud, but we could make building HDF5 an
"external_project" call instead. This will download/update, configure, build
and install hdf5 and then in ParaView we can just FindPackage(HDF5) and give
our internal build tree as a hint. We would leave the USE_SYSTEM_HDF5 logic
in place and if it is OFF then external_project will be called.