[Paraview-developers] Adding toggle to turn on/off interactions with 3-D widgets

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Mon Jul 24 10:28:47 EDT 2006

> > I'm proposing adding a checkbox to the 3D widget interfaces in
> > ParaView (vtkPVBoxWidget, vtkPVSphereWidget) as well as a keyboard
> > accelerator 't' to turn on/off mouse control over the
> widgets' size.

How is this different from the 'Visibility' check box that already
exists?

When you turn the visibility of the widget off, then mouse movements
will not affect the 3D widget. Can you elaborate on the functionality
that you want that's not provided by the current check box?

It should also be noted that any GUI changes are going to be extremely
low priority at this point (with ParaView3 in the pipeline).

  Brian Wylie - Org 1424
  Sandia National Laboratories
  MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J
  (505)844-2238 FAX(505)845-0833