[Paraview-developers] Adding toggle to turn on/off interactions with 3-D widgets

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Mon Jul 24 06:30:02 EDT 2006

At first glance I think that the right way to disable interaction is to
convert this widget to the newer architecture (i.e., separate event
processing from representation ala
vtkAbstractWidget/vtkWidgetRepresentation). Then to turn "off" the
widget the representation can be left on and the widget event processing
disabled.

Another item on the todo list: we need to make sure that cursor changes
are used to communicate to the user when widgets are active or not, that
way it's easier to avoid moving a widget when you really mean to move
the camera.

Will