[Paraview-developers] vtkSMSourceProxy to vtkSMProxyProperty expecting a vtkDataSet.

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Jul 26 17:44:34 EDT 2005

Here is the situation.  I have a vtkSMProxyProperty with an output that
I want to send to the proxy property of another object that is expecting
a vtkDataSet.  The destination can accept multiple data sets.

An example of what I am doing is below.  source is the
vtkSMProxyProperty I am getting the data from and destination is the
vtkSMProxy I am putting the data into.

    vtkSMProxyProperty *pp = vtkSMProxyProperty::SafeDownCast(

destination->GetProperty("AddDataSets"));
    pp->RemoveAllProxies();

    for (unsigned int i = 0; i < source->GetNumberOfParts(); i++)
      {
      pp->AddProxy(source->GetPart(i));
      }

The problem is that the client/server code is failing with an error that
it cannot find an appropriate method associated with the AddDataSets
property.  After some rooting around in the code I discovered that it
was actually trying to call the method with a vtkAlgorithmOutput instead
of a vtkDataSet (thereby causing the failure).  Looking in
vtkSMSourceProxy.cxx I see that each part actually points to two
objects.  One object is the data set that I want, and the other is  a
vtkAlgorithmOutput object that I do not want.  How do I modify my code
so that the vtkAlgorithmOutput is not used?

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov