[Openchemistry-developers] Building Avogadro from OpenChemistry Github

Ishan Gupta ishangupta.work at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 06:37:26 EDT 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to build Openchemistry Github repository on my system. I follow
all the steps stated in the Build wiki.

After running 'cmake ../openchemisty/' in the build folder and after that I
run 'make'. The process starts building the project. It reaches this step-

> [100%] Built target vtkViewsInfovis
>
> [ 65%] Performing install step for 'VTK'

Then, it starts installing VTK on the system. After installing it displays
this.

[ 65%] Completed 'VTK'
> [ 65%] Built target VTK
>

> Makefile:75: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I don't know what is causing the building process to fail as Avogadroapp is
built after VTK and since it fails here, the avogadroapp folder is empty
and the binaries are not built. How should I resolve this, can somebody
guide me on this?

Thanks and with regards,
Ishan
--
*"What we do today, echoes in eternity."*
Ishan Gupta