[Openchemistry-developers] Contributing to OpenChemistry

Geoffrey Hutchison geoff.hutchison at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 13:48:30 EDT 2016

The first step is to build Avogadro 2:
http://wiki.openchemistry.org/Build

The key parts of the code for your purpose will be in avogadrolibs:
https://github.com/OpenChemistry/avogadrolibs/

specifically, avogadrolibs/avogadro/qtplugins. This directory contains subdirectories for all kinds of plugins.

The first step will be to add an "atom" property table. Before we get into the GUI, I suggest you make a copy of the "molecularproperties" subdirectory, since you'll be building a "propertiestable" variant.

Let me know when you've gotten things building and I'll give you more pointers from there.

Thanks and best regards,
-Geoff