[Nirfast] Regarding the access to the hemodynamic properties and the optical properties of each node

ruisen.huang ruisen.huang at pusan.ac.kr
Mon Aug 10 04:37:20 EDT 2020

Hi All,

I'm new to NIRFAST, but have tried the tool for a while. I tried to study
the optical properties of a person's head. I were confused by the following
questions regarding the tool:

When I defined the detectors/sources' positions manually using
image2mesh_gui, the generated positions do not place at the projected points
on the head model. Is there any solution to correct this issue?

I followed the codes in head_mesh_script_layered.m to change the hemodynamic
properties of the brain (region 4 of the head.mha model).  However, I do not
understand what position the set_mesh( mesh, 4, values) corresponds to. Is
it between the source-detector pairs? Or does it set the hemodynamic values
homogeneously throughout region 4? Is it possible to access the exact
hemodynamic properties for each node?

For a spectral head model, how can I access the reconstructed optical
properties (e.g., reduced scattering coefficients) for each nodes? (It seems
that the reconstruction process in the example is not designated for each
node.)

Thanks in advance!

Ruisen