[Nirfast] Inversed Values for Jacobian Matrix

Hamid Dehghani h.dehghani at cs.bham.ac.uk
Fri Apr 13 07:03:15 EDT 2018

Dear Zeph
Are you using a spectral mesh?
If so, then the Jacobian is in fact Log amplitude/ua and not
Log amplitude change/log ua
If you are using a single wavelength mesh (standard) than when you use
the Jacobian function, it gives you two values for J
J.complex = is the amplitude/mua or kappa
J.complete = is the log amplitude/mua or kappa
The plot you show, appears correct to me.
Hamid

On 13/04/2018 04:01, zeph.phillips at gmail.com wrote:
> When I try to construct the Jacobian matrix for continuous wave DOT, I
> find that my values are inversed than what I expect, according to
> literature and other figures (if we assume that the each value is the
> log amplitude change/log ua changes). Thus to get the correct DOT image,
> I have to multiply these values by a negative one value.
>
> Has anyone run into this issue? Perhaps I am constructing the Jacobian
> matrix inappropriately or interpreting it wrong?
>
> Jacobian Construction:
> J = jacobian(mesh,0,850);
>
> Optical Properties:
> val.mua=0.018;
> val.mus=0.69;
> val.ri=1.3;
>

> --

Hamid Dehghani, PhD, MIPEM
Professor of Medical Imaging
School of Computer Science
Co-Director, Physical Sciences for Health Doctoral Training Centre
University of Birmingham
B15 2TT
0121 414 8728
https://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~dehghanh/mi-lab.html