[Nirfast] Meshing and Results

Vincent Kitsmiller Vincent.J.Kitsmiller.1 at nd.edu
Tue Jul 19 08:44:37 EDT 2016

I am running standard single wavelength simulations at a number of
frequencies between 100-500MHz. I then want to use the results to produce
mua and mus values (I do this with another MATLAB script). However when I
run simulations with high mus (~>1.5) I am getting nonsensical results as
like below.

[image: Inline image 1]

This is in particular with a cylindrical mesh of radius 100mm and height
60mm with node size 2.1mm. My source and detector are are separated by 20mm
and placed 1mm under the top surface. I have however seen this issue with
other mesh and node sizes as well. Hopefully you could shed light on this
issue and perhaps give me some more information on mesh and node sizes in
NIRFAST. Thanks.

-Vince