[Na-mic-project-week] Extended deadline for Submissions: Interactive Medical Image Computing (IMIC) Workshop, Athens, Greece, Friday October 21 (MICCAI 2016)

Kapur, Tina,Ph.D. TKAPUR at BWH.HARVARD.EDU
Sat Jun 25 14:39:02 EDT 2016

Dear NA-MIC members,

In case you are interested in submitting a paper about your Project Week project to a MICCAI workshop, please note that we are postponing the submission deadline to July 10 & author notification to August 10.

-------------
We would like to invite you to submit your work to the Interactive Medical Image Computing (IMIC) Workshop to be held in Athens, Greece, on Friday October 21, in conjunction with MICCAI 2016.

The IMIC workshop addresses the topic of human interaction with algorithms for initialization, steering, quality control, and visualization for problem domains such as segmentation and registration, object detection and tracking.

The workshop format encourages hands-on demonstrations to stimulate interaction between developers and the user community of clinicians, neuroscientists, and biologists.

Attendees are encouraged to bring challenging real-world datasets and allow active experimentation with various tools on different data. In the call for participation in the workshop we ask for extended abstracts or short papers that are accompanied by live demos. Our focus will be on original methods and elegant implementations that establish a human-machine dialog. Evaluation will be based on productivity, accuracy, simplicity, and overall user experience.

In addition to the oral sessions all participants will have the opportunity to demonstrate their work in a live demo session.  Best paper prize of $300 (US) will be awarded.

Important dates:

Submission Deadline: June 24, 2016  July 10, 2016

Author Notification: July 25, 2016 August 10, 2016

Camera Ready Versions: August 16, 2016

Workshop: Friday, October 9, 2016

More details can be found in: http://interactivemedical.org/imic2016/

We look forward to seeing you at the IMIC!

The IMIC Organizers
Steve Pieper
Yi Gao
Bjoern Menze