[Midas] Feedback on initial setup of MIDAS server and integration with cmake/ctest

Taylor Braun-Jones taylor at braun-jones.org
Mon May 5 12:17:02 EDT 2014

Hello MIDAS developers,

Maybe I missed something, but when setting up a MIDAS server and
integrating it with CMake/CTest build, it was not obvious that I needed to
navigate to the 'next' branch of MidasClient and grab the MIDAS3.cmake file
from there. From the MIDAS download page[1] none of the links in the Latest
Stable Releases provide that file which seems odd to me. I ended up
searching the web for a solution and make the mistake of following an an
out-of-date guide[2] that pointed me to MIDAS.cmake (via broken link...)

It would also be nice if the MIDAS web interface very clearly displayed the
correct REST URL so there is no doubt. Perhaps on this page:

http://localhost/midas/api/config

Lastly, locating the 'Administration' link beneath the username dropdown
menu in the top right was not intuitive to me at all. I would actually just
swap the location of the 'Logout' link and the 'Administration' link.

Maybe these things can be improved so the MIDAS setup process won't be so
painful for the next person...

-- Taylor

[1] http://www.midasplatform.org/MIDAS/resources/software.html
[2] http://www.kitware.com/midaswiki/index.php/MIDAS%2BCTest