[Midas] Recent Java updates

Weiner, Michael weinerm at ccf.org
Mon Apr 21 15:40:33 EDT 2014

I am trying to debug an uploader issue, that  I cannot seem to fix nor track down the exact problem. We are running the latest Midas code and a few users have contacted me stating that the DICOM uploader doesn't work nor does the java uploader (there is no Upload button visible) and there is a message in the dialog box about:

You must install and enable Java on your system in order to use the large file uploader

However , in my testing on a Windows machine, I have a valid installation of Java 1.7.0_55 and when I test this in Internet Explorer, it works, however I cannot get it to work in Firefox for the life of me. The users are all using Linux, but I have a strange feeling this is something in Firefox preventing it from working. I have even run ControlPanel and lowered the security setting as low as it will go (medium) and added the site to the security exception list ... again, it works in IE but not Firefox. I thought I had tracked this down, because the version of Java that was being used was being blocked because it was too old and vulnerable -  but even after upgrading to the latest version it still fails.

Has anyone else seen this? And does anyone have any hints for getting this to work?

Regards
Michael Weiner

Cleveland Clinic is ranked as one of the top hospitals in America by U.S.News & World Report (2013).
Visit us online at http://www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of our services, staff and locations.

Confidentiality Note:  This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,  please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

Thank you.