[Midas] "manage data export"

Patrick Reynolds patrick.reynolds at kitware.com
Thu May 3 22:40:15 EDT 2012

Chad,

The way the export works is to setup a directory on the server that is
shared via ftp, ssh, nfs, samba, etc that the apache user has
permission on and point the ManageData Export directory to that
location. Midas will then export symlinks to the assestore locations
of each bitstream in a manner mimicking the hierarchy within Midas.
This is helpful for read-only access for large downloads of many
datasets and the like.

This is a seldom used feature that was eventually dropped with the
move to Midas 3. Feel free to let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks,
Patrick Reynolds
Technical Leader
Kitware, Inc.