[Midas] installation problems

Ricardo Ortiz ortiz at unc.edu
Fri Feb 3 16:09:23 EST 2012

Sorry for the re-post...

Hi,

I have been trying to install Midas3 in my server following the
instructions wiki without success.
Here is my configuration:

Is an OpenSUSE 11.4 server with the following packages:

* apache2 2.2
* mysql 5.1
* php 5.3
* ImageMagik 6.6

Here is my apache2 config:

Alias /Midas "/home/rortiz/opt/srv/www/Midas3/"
<Directory "/home/rortiz/opt/srv/www/Midas3/">
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Deny from all
</Directory>

I added the database midas and user midas to mysql, user midas has
all privileges to the midas database.
Also, all files have the correct permissions, they are all readable and
writable by the apache user: wwwrun.

When i go to

http://my-server/Midas/install

get a 403 access error.

If I go to

http://my-server/Midas/index.php

I get redirected to

http://my-server/Midas/index.php/install

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but any help would be very appreciated.

/Ricardo

--
Ricardo Ortiz
Postdoctoral Fellow Associate