[Midas] error message

Mona Wong mona at sdsc.edu
Tue Aug 21 16:46:37 EDT 2012

	Sorry I forgot to post to the mailing list...

	Ok, I didn't click on the "Save configuration" button after I made the change to Development.  I just did that and now I don't get the error message, just a blank page (which might be ok), but it seems my function is not being executed.  Here is my code:

class Annio2_GetController extends Annio2_AppController
{
    public $_models = array ( "Item", "Folder" );

    [other functions]

    public function testAction()
    {
        $this->disableLayout();
        $this->disableView();

        $debug = fopen ( "/tmp/midas.get.mona", "a" );
        fwrite ( $debug, "testAction!\n" );
        fclose ( $debug );
    }
}

	And I went to http://ourserver.edu/annio2/get/test and no /tmp/midas.get.mona was generated...

	What am I doing wrong?

Mona

On Aug 21, 2012, at 1:29 PM, Mona Wong wrote:

> 	Ok, I changed from Production to Development mode and there is still nothing in the log and the error message is still the same.  I cleared the browser cache several times so I don't think I'm seeing cached page.  Do I need to restart Midas after changing the mode to dev?  If yes, how do I restart Midas?
>
> Mona
>

> On Aug 21, 2012, at 12:35 PM, Zach Mullen wrote:
>
>> If you turn your server from Production mode into Development mode, it should make an actual descriptive error message appear... I'm not sure why the line and file aren't appearing correctly there.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Zach

    Mona Wong
    Web & iPad Application Developer