[Midas] Midas upload and moving capabilities

Chapman, Brian brchapman at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 9 14:39:21 EDT 2012

Hello Midas People,

I just had a few quick questions regarding data upload and moving files within Midas.

First, the large file upload Java application seems to not let you select directories to upload only files. Am I correct  in this? If I am this is a serious limitation for selecting and uploading a large number of DICOM studies that have been sorted by patient, exam, series, etc.

Second, when using pydas to upload a large number of studies I seem to frequently get logged out of Midas while the upload in still incomplete resulting in an upload failure. Is there a way to secure the connection for the duration of the upload?

Third, when using pydas.upload with leaf_folders_as_items=True the top level folder seems to be treated as the item not lower level folders. For example, if I upload a an exam that has the following folder directory structure

Patient Folder
    Exam1 Folder
        Series 1 Folder
        Series 2 Folder
    Exam2 Folder
        Series 1 Folder
        Series 2 Folder
        Series 3 Folder
it is the Patient Folder that is treated as an item whereas I would expect the individual series folders to be the items.

Fourth, how close is Midas to facilitating selecting and moving multiple items through the web interface. Right now you can only select a single folder (file or directory) at a time.

Brian

Brian E. Chapman, PhD
Associate Professor
Division of Biomedical Informatics