[Kwiver-users] Recommended version of CMAKE to be used for DIVA installation

Aaron Bray aaron.bray at kitware.com
Sat Jan 13 09:07:55 EST 2018

CMake version 3.5.1 will work just fine

If you are running that cmake command from your intended DIVA build
directory (Which should be empty, do not manually build fletch and kwiver
to the same target build directory),
This will execute the 'Superbuild' control flow in the DIVA CMake files.
(A CMake super-build is a project which downloads, configures and builds
other projects. )

This control flow from your command should return something like this :

*The C compiler identification is GNU 5.4.0*

*The CXX compiler identification is GNU 5.4.0*

*Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc*

*Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works*

*Detecting C compiler ABI info*

*Detecting C compiler ABI info - done*

*Detecting C compile features*

*Detecting C compile features - done*

*Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++*

*Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works*

*Detecting CXX compiler ABI info*

*Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done*

*Detecting CXX compile features*

*Detecting CXX compile features - done*

*Found Git: /usr/bin/git (found version "2.7.4") *

*I am pulling and building fletch!*

*I am pulling and building kwiver!*

*Configuring done*

This is telling you that it will create a Makefile that will download the
fletch, kwiver, and kwant source code and build them each, and then build
the DIVA code base

The Eigen Error mentioned is usually due to running CMake on KWIVER source
(from with the KWIVER build directory) (Which should be empty and a
different folder or a subfolder from the DIVA build directory) and not
providing a fletch_DIR for the KWIVER CMake script to use during it's
configuration process

Did you successfully build Fletch and KWIVER manually?

If so, you should run CMake for DIVA, from an empty build directory like
so, to inform the DIVA super build of the location of your  KWIVER build
directory

$ cmake ../../src -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
-Dkwiver_DIR:PATH=<path/to/kwiver/build/dir>

CMake will return something like this:

*Looking for your kwiver...*

*I found your kwiver!*
*It uses this fletch <path to the fletch build directory>*

*I am pulling and building kwant!*

*Configuring done*

I suggest using the cmake gui to help see what directories and CMake
options are set to help get your build set up

(I recommend checking the 'Grouped' and 'Advanced' options in the GUI)

you can get it with

$sudo apt-get install cmake-qt-gui

Thanks,

  Aaron