[Kwiver-users] Recommended version of CMAKE to be used for DIVA installation

Ankit Parag Shah aps1 at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Jan 13 03:01:11 EST 2018

Hi all,

While building DIVA project using the following steps -
https://github.com/Kitware/DIVA, with a fresh Kwiver and fletch
installation steps, I am facing errors while performing the following
installation step.

$ cmake ../../src -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

Error is as follows: -

CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:148
(message):
  Could NOT find Eigen3 (missing: EIGEN3_INCLUDE_DIR EIGEN3_VERSION_OK)
  (Required is at least version "2.91.0")
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:388
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  CMake/FindEigen3.cmake:81 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  CMake/kwiver-depends-Eigen.cmake:3 (find_package)
  CMake/kwiver-depends.cmake:4 (include)
  CMakeLists.txt:138 (include)

Upon researching on Google about the error caused and understanding use of
EIGEN, there are various hacks suggested to overcome the problem. The
problem seems to be within CMAKE which is not able to find
EIGEN3_INCLUDE_DIR in path variable.

Currently, I am using cmake 3.5.1, may I ask whether it is recommended to
perform hacks or it is better to install latest version of cmake available
going forward.

Looking forward to your response.

Kind Regards,
Ankit Shah
Masters Student in Language Technologies
Carnegie Mellon University.