[Kwiver-users] ocv-arrow histogram equalization

Matt Brown matt.brown at kitware.com
Fri Jan 5 13:41:13 EST 2018

A bit of a semantics question, but I'd like to make an ocv arrow that does
histogram equalization and another that stretches contrast in an image. The
vital *image_filter* prototype fits in that an image goes in and one comes
out, with the same resolution as the input as is typical of a filter.
However, semantically, I'm not sure histogram equalization is really a
filter operation. Does it make sense to:

   1. Just call it a filter and be done with.
   2. Create an effective duplicate of the filter algorithm and call it
   something more in line with contrast enhancement.
   3. plan to rename filter_image to something more generic like
   process_image.

Thanks,
Matt