[Kwiver-users] Python processes

Linus Sherrill linus.sherrill at kitware.com
Fri Sep 22 18:02:23 EDT 2017

All registered processes can be listed with the plugin explorer. Those
written in python have the attribute "_python" displayed so there is no
need for a special naming convention.

Python processes register themselves with a "__sprokit_register__()"
function at the end of the source file.

If the process is not in the registry, it could be that it was not
installed or the installed location is not being searched.

--Linus

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 5:43 PM, Matt Brown <matt.brown at kitware.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know the status of the current functionality of launching a
> Python process with Sprokit? I am interested in making a histogram display
> with Python. I used the Pyhton example ProcessImage, but got the following:
>
> There is no such process of type 'ProcessImage' in the registry
>
> I made sure that it was built with KWIVER_ENABLE_PYTHON set to ON.
>
> Also, what should we do about naming Python processes in the registry?
> Should we prepend something to distinguish it?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

*Linus Sherrill - *Staff R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.