[Kwiver-users] Building Fletch/KWIVER on a Jetson TX1 with ARM processor

Matt Brown matt.brown at kitware.com
Fri Sep 8 10:44:17 EDT 2017

I am trying to build Fletch/KWIVER on a Jetson TX1 running Ubuntu 16.04.3.
I am running into troubles with Boost. The Fletch-provided Boost 1.55 runs
into

c++: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-m64’

errors when compiling, presumably due to the ARM processor. If I use a
newer pre-built version of Boost, I run into this
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25395805/compile-error-with-boost-graph-1-56-0-and-g-4-6-4.
I tried building from the standard release of Boost 1.55, but
libboost_thread.so doesn't build properly.

I am documenting my troubles here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gq9aJI_PToAUOgbX1ABR5ZRJ08cXKnqI5RgrsALXHbc/edit?usp=sharing
<https://docs.google.com/a/kitware.com/document/d/1Gq9aJI_PToAUOgbX1ABR5ZRJ08cXKnqI5RgrsALXHbc/edit?usp=sharing>
under